Indicators are Forward-Looking Three to Six Months
Speedometer color indicates the magnitude of the impact on economic financial markets. The arrow signifies the directional change in indicator. Two arrows indicate a change from the previous month. One arrow indicates that no change occurred.
- Overall, indicators continue to suggest steady improvement ahead in the U.S. economy.
- Better consumer fundamentals should continue to support consumption.
- China hard landing fears, the commodities slump, and Fed tightening are all well weighing on sentiment and risk appetites.
- Uncertainty over the U.S. presidential election is likely to weigh on markets.
- With slowing global GDP growth, rising wages in the U.S. and prospects for the dollar to remain stron, profit growth is expected to be challenged in coming months.
Source: City National Rochdale. As of March 2016. Please note.City National Rochdale is not affiliated with BH Wealth or First Allied Securities.